Summer is upon us, and with all the positives that stem from this warm weather, carefree, outdoorsy, kick-off-your shoes season comes a few minor grooming concerns. We tend to show a little more skin, absorb extra rays, perspire more persistently and face a few hair challenges as the temperature and humidity rises.
Not to worry. Saffron Rouge has everything you need to keep you feeling fresh, looking good and protected from the elements, without exposure to unnecessary chemicals and questionable synthetics. Here are our top ten list of must have for a naturally beautiful summer.
- For a cooling, soothing touch of silky freshness, keep Dr.Hauscka’s Body Silk Powderon hand. Reminiscent of moisture-absorbing baby powder of yore, this provides the soft sensation you desire without the irritating talc. This powder can be used on the body, on the feet, on the scalp and even on the face, whenever you need a little perspiration pick-me-up.
- Put your best foot forward this flip flops and open-toe sandal season with a tiny tin ofBadger Foot Balm. This minty, moisturizing, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, organic formula revives tired feet, repairs cracked heels and keeps you on your toes so you can go barefoot with confidence.
- Tell insects to bug off with Erbaviva’s Organic Buzz Spray, the safe, gentle, chemical-free mosquito repellent. Safe for the whole family, this keeps biters at bay with a blend of effective essential oils like citronella, lemongrass and eucalyptus. Pleasant smelling for us, loathsome for the pesky pests. This spray is available freewith a purchase of $120 or more this week. Just enter the code OUTDOORSat check out.
- There’s nothing like a cooling spritz of red flower’s Ionizing Vita Flower Mistto lift your skin and spirits on a hot summer’s day. This refreshing, toning, balancing hydrosol is infused with roses, lavender and tangerine, so it smells divine as it hydrates the skin. Spray it on under or over make-up for an invigorating summer treat.
- Summer is the time to de-fuzz. While you may get away with a little neglected overgrowth during winter’s hibernation, now’s time to take hair removal a bit more seriously. Legs, face, underarms, bikini area and even men’s grooming can be taken care of with Moom’s Organic Hair Removal Systems. These gentle, natural, water soluble, easy-to-use kits are less painful than waxing and more effective than sugaring, leaving you soft, smooth and fuzz-free.
- With fashions a little more skin-baring in the summer, make sure you prep your body with Primavera’s Cleansing Juniper Cypress Body Scrub. This invigorating foaming gel polishes and exfoliates you from head to toe, sloughing off dead cells to reveal brighter, softer, more even-toned skin. You’ll be ready for spaghetti strap sundresses, halter tops and Daisy Dukes, if you dare.
- We can’t talk about summer without mentioning natural sunscreen. While you should wear protection all year long, the stronger rays and extra time outdoors this season warrants a little extra TLC with the SPF. Keep an Eco Stick +30by Raw Elementsin your bag so you can glide on an effective, nourishing, water resistant sun block wherever you need it – bridge of the nose, top of the cheekbones, tips of the ears, lips, oft-neglected hands and feet. Perfect for squirmy kids, reluctant husbands and busy women who need a quick touch up on the fly.
- Despite your best intentions, we all overdo it in the sun from time to time. Keep a tube of Weleda’s Burn Careointment in the medicine cabinet to cool, soothe and repair sun ravaged skin. This homeopathic formula contains anti-inflammatory arnica and nettle to quickly relieve pain and discomfort and direct damaged skin on the road to recovery. Great for relieving bug bites, too.
- Be sun sensible and fake that summer glow instead. Alima Pure’s Bronzeris an easy-to-apply powder that gives you a hint of natural sun kissed color in just the right places. Sweep in on your cheekbones, your nose, across the forehead and on the decolletage and you’ll look like a blissful day at the beach.
- We don’t like to complain, but summer’s sun, sea breezes, humidity and salt/chlorine exposure can really do a number on your hair. Luckily, there’s Yarok’s Feed Your Sunshine Serum, specially formulated to tame your tresses, nourish your scalp and guard against these seasonal stressors. Rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and essential oils, it gives you a fighting chance to avoid bad hair days.